All Parish Councillors must sign a formal declaration of acceptance of office upon election or co-option onto the Parish Council. This includes their agreement to observe the current Code of Conduct adopted by the Parish Council (see the Code of Conduct section).
Parish Councillors have a responsibility to:
- Attend meetings when summoned to do so
- Consider in advance of the meeting, the agenda and any related documents which were sent with the summons
- Take part in meetings and consider all the relevant facts and issues on matters which require a decision including the views of others expressed at the meeting
- Take part in voting and respect decisions made by the majority of those present and voting
- Ensure with other Councillors that the Parish Council is properly managed
- Represent the whole electorate - not just those that voted for them
There was an uncontested Parish election in 2019. For more information you can read the official notice of the uncontested election
Profiles of Chineham's Parish Councillors can be seen below.